Job interview preparation can be stressful. Whether it’s a sales job or a trading job, you want to make a good first impression. Take a look at these tips from our President, John Vranizan, on how to nail an interview with AIFP and get the job you want.
1) Be prepared! Researching the company you are interviewing for is job interview preparation 101. Do as much background & fact-finding as possible.
2) Be able to add detail to your resume! Your resume should provide insight to you, but not tell the whole story. Be ready to speak to more than what’s on the paper. We want to know what it is that makes you stand out from the rest.
3) Make eye contact! Sales jobs and commodity trading jobs require confidence and we want to see that you have that in an interview. We’re looking at good eye contact, self-assured body language, and the ability to speak comfortably (No “ums,” “ahs,” or “you knows”). These things are essential elements that make someone standout during an interview.
4) Be willing to learn! Confidence is important, but so is a willingness to learn from those who are Senior within the organization. At AIFP, we have a two-year paid training program where new hires work closely with a senior trader, a trader trainer, a professional sales trainer, and myself to learn the inner workings of our business.
5) Know how you’d fit in! Be sure to mention how you see yourself adding to the culture of the organization.
Those that stand out in the interview process possess a positive attitude, show examples of problem-solving, are flexible in conversation, and have measurable examples of success.
We hope these tips from our President, John Vranizan, have helped you feel ready to nail the interview. If you haven’t already applied, take a look at our website and contact us if you’re interested in beginning a trading career. We’d love to speak with you about opportunities at AIFP.
Up for the challenge? We'll give you the tools to excel. AIFP is continually growing. We recruit new traders year-round.